Membership at Holy Cross
Holy Cross welcomes everyone to worship and join in our ministries regardless of any official membership status. At the same time we value your committment to, and partnership with, your fellow believers here at Holy Cross in the form of official membership. Our church constitution describes membership as follows:
- Baptized Members are all individuals of the congregation who have been baptized in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; and who are under the spiritual care of the congregation.
- Communicant Members are those baptized members who also
- have been accepted as communicants through confirmation, profession of faith, or by letter of communicant transfer from another congregation, (Romans 10:9-10)
- accept all the canonical books of the Old and New Testaments as the only divine rule and standard of faith and conduct, (2 Timothy 3:14-17)
- are acquainted with, and accept Luther's Small Catechism and the unaltered Augsburg Confession,
- attend divine services faithfully and partake of the Lord's Supper frequently, (Hebrews 10:23-25)
- lead a Christian life, (Colossians 3:1-16),
- contribute according to their ability toward all that the congregation has made its concern, and in general assist in fulfilling its mission (2 Corinthians 9:6-15; Matthew 28.18-20),
- are not a member of any oath bound society, or other organization, conflicting with the Word of God, (Romans 16:17-19)
- Voting Members are those Communicant members who have reached the legal voting age for the State of Minnesota. Voting members have the duty to attend Congregational Meetings. They shall accept nominations for Office, Board and Team appointments, etc., if possible, and generally participate in the business activities of the congregation.
Having read, understood, and being ready to accept these, and having regularly worshiped with us for a time, we encourage and invite you to apply for membership at Holy Cross. We periodically offer a class called "Fully Alive 101" to those expressing interest in membership. Please click here to express your interest in membership, or contact one of the pastors directly.